Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Random

Growing up I remembered seeing a old school around my neighborhood, which happens to be P.S 186. All my childhood I heard stories of this school being burnt down and having the famous folktale of bloody Mary occur in it's location. As children we seem to believe all we hear. As I sat on the BX 19 heading to work, I decide to "google" the history of the school. Amazedly I learned reasons why the school had not been reconstructed. This school was not burnt as I thought ,but closed after about 30 years of being up and running. The school was open in 1903 and closed its doors because parents request. I thought it was pretty interesting how we have many structures in our neighborhood but know nothing about its history.

Enjoy!























Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment