Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I <3 Speech Path

Reality is that growing up, I've always been unsure about what I've want to do in life, but I always found myself being very caring and considerate for other people. I remember telling my mother "ah mami, esa viejita es linda" and everybody would tell me "but they're so cranky". Throughout life I was never able to be mean to anybody no matter what they did to me. I would always cry and take my anger out on my sisters or what not, but never would I take it out on "innocent individuals".When applying to college I wasn't sure of what I want to do, but I knew I want to make a change in somebody life. The truth is that when I applied to school I did not know what I want to do, matter of fact I didn't even want to go. So I applied to college, and my main concern was to get accepted and actually make my parents proud. First I want to do psychology when I got accept into Marymount Manhattan College, (which I only applied to it because the name seemed pretty.lol,) I was more than happy. I didn't want to go into a Cuny (no offense), since my older sister went to a private college which challenged me to want to look as good as she did for going to a private school. As my freshman year passed, I did pretty good, I received at least four A, but reality was that I got a B+ in Psychology, I told myself that if I didn't get an A than might as well change interest. That year I took a tour of the school, and realized this neat program "Speech Pathology". I was feeling the same way you're probably feeling as you read this-wtf?. I decide to take a few classes in the major, which seemed easy, but I wasn't very interested in it, the thing that interested me believe it or not, was the director of the major. She was Hispanic, and here she was with this good job. She inspired me, I was always used to people saying "ah Hispanic this Hispanic that" so I didn't want to be a stats, and here I am, four years later, graduating with a B.S in Speech Language Pathology with a concentration in Education and Social work, what more can I ask for? The best part about it is that I'm so in love with it that I'm actually going to continue for my master, I mean if this wouldn't make you happy than I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment