Friday, July 9, 2010

Death

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever"

Yesterday I attend a funeral home, and I must say it was pretty sad, not that going to funerals aren't sad. I myself didn't get to meet this special individual when she was still living, but from the stories I heard yesterday, she was a great person inside and out.

My main reason in attending was to be by my Jacob in his time of need, and to pay my respect to his friends Ariel and Ernie. Ariel recently got married and moved on to Florida, therefore Ernie was the "to go" person when Mayra needed assistance. I must say, he played his role right. He wasn't just her nephew, he was beyond that. I never really sat and spoke to Ernie, not because I don't like him or anything but just because I learned my lesson from establishing relationships with people that are close to your significant other. Although I never spoke to Ernie on that level, from the stories my Jacob told me, he was very involved in Mayra's life as well as in his mothers. I was able to experience this from the speech he made, which with all the tears and all the smiles and claps, was very well said.

I didn't feel that it was my place to get close to the casket, being that I didn't know her, but that didn't stop me from thinking many things. When I saw her from far, I thought to myself, that could be somebody I love at any given moment. It was of a reminder to myself to constantly remind my loves ones of the love I have for them.

1 comment: